Wednesday, October 6, 2010

More Environmentally Conscious


I have not been grocery shopping since the beginning of my efforts, so I have yet to buy locally grown foods or use my reusable bags for shopping. Since I haven’t purchased anything recently, I have also not been able to buy recyclable products.

On the bright side, I have noticed that I am more environmentally conscious about my daily routine. I have been turning off the lights in my roommates’ rooms when they are not in them, as well as my own, and convinced them to make an effort to remember to turn off the lights when they leave a room. I have walked into my house many times, while no one is home, and seen multiple lights on. Don’t get me wrong, no one wants to walk into a dark empty house, but that doesn’t mean bedroom and bathroom lights need to be on.

Another habit I decided to change was leaving my charging devices plugged in when they are not being used. Usually I have up to three charging devices plugged in at all times. I have one for my phone, computer, and digital camera. I have realized there is no reason for them to be constantly plugged in, when they are not in use. In my efforts to lower my energy use, I will unplug these items during times when they are not needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment